Executive Director - The Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries of Australia and New Zealand (AWCI ANZ)
Construction Industry Association
The Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries of Australia and New Zealand (AWCI ANZ) is the peak construction industry trade association representing drywall and plastering contractors and associated companies.
Leading a small team which encompasses technical, Marketing & communication and administration a unique opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Executive Director to coordinate and grow the services and professionalism of the drywall trade across the industry.
Working with the guidance of a dynamic and engaged Board that represents the member State and New Zealand Associations and Corporate partners, the AWCI ANZ coordinates common programs, produces a quarterly trade magazine, operates a training organisation, hosts an annual conference, supports the State and New Zealand Associations with marketing and technical support and lobbies on behalf of the Federation on issues of national significance. Reporting to the Board through the President, the Executive Director will be accountable for the execution of the strategic direction of the association and drive the various work programs and portfolios.
This position can be based in Brisbane or Melbourne.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a truly rewarding and varied role where you will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the association. Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
Ensuring the overall success of the association by converting strategies into action, and communicating in a way that secures the enthusiastic engagement of stakeholders, members, board and staff.
Stewarding the association's resources and fostering a high-performing team of professionals.
Developing relationships with national sponsors and industry partners
Planning, organising, directing, managing and administering operations directly or through reports.
Increasing the visibility of the Association through coordinating the most effective programs with State and New Zealand Associations that stimulate, inspire and support member businesses in the trade.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a motivated leader to help propel an already successful organisation to even greater heights.
Ideally, candidates will have:
- A minimum of three years' previous CEO, Executive Director or other senior leadership experience, preferably in the not-for-profit industry association sector.
- An ability to plan strategically and think tactically.
- Demonstrated understanding of governance issues, including board management and dynamics.
- Demonstrated small business, management, financial and operational skills.
- Experience growing membership, including cultivation of new members and retention and stewardship of existing members.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and partnerships with sponsors, suppliers and industry partners.
- A strong growth mindset.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading small teams of employees and contracted suppliers,
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral, and experience with public speaking.
- An ability to set priorities, delegate responsibilities, mentor and motivate staff.
- A track record of successfully advocating on behalf of organisations causes or issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of successful brand management and proven experience in overseeing the development and implementation of marketing strategies.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest standards of operations
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume with all applications addressed to Sam Chan – CSR Talent Acquisition Manager,