Title: Conferences Manager
Location: Richmond, Victoria
Employment type: Two-year, fixed term full time (part time hours may be negotiated)
Reports to: Marketing and Events Manager
Further information: Savio D’sa on (03) 9940 3900
About Audiology Australia
Audiology Australia is the peak professional association representing audiologists in Australia. Established in 1968, it has a current membership of over 2,500 audiologists representing approximately 98% of the profession. Audiology Australia’s mission is to provide leadership in the science and practice of audiology through advocacy, education and networking. We enable audiologists to deliver the highest standards of person-centred care.
Audiology Australia provides professional accreditation for audiologists. Professional accreditation by Audiology Australia is a requirement to provide audiological services that fall under Medicare, the Hearing Services Program, state and territory work cover schemes, as well as many private health funds.
The profession of audiology is self-regulating, and Audiology Australia strives to help our members achieve the highest standards when delivering services to their clients.
About the office
You will be part of a small team based at the National Office in Richmond, Victoria. Audiology Australia is an equal opportunity employer and provides a flexible and supportive working environment. Employees may therefore request flexible work arrangements to assist them in balancing work and life commitments. Applicants are encouraged to discuss flexible arrangements with the contact person during the recruitment process.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a suitably experienced and motivated individual to join Audiology Australia in the full-time position of Conferences Manager (part time hours maybe negotiated for the right candidate). The Conferences Manager is required to oversee and manage the delivery and implementation of Audiology Australia’s flagship national conferences. Please note this position requires some travel to administer events in other Australian States and Territories and will require some out of regular office hour’s work.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- 5+ years’ experience in end-to-end conference management
- Experience and/or understanding of membership-based organisations
- Ability to plan daily workloads and prioritise schedules and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills
- Genuine desire to provide a memorable and positive experience for all stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Conference Management with 5+ years’ largescale conference management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing conference related operational manuals, templates and timelines
- Strong project management skills with ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Experience in managing and negotiating with a range of suppliers
- Advanced Microsoft Office application and database skills in particular event management software and CRM experience. (preferably Events Air)
- Knowledge and experience with speaker and abstract management software and experience with complex scientific or academic programs.
- Experience with website content management tools (WordPress or similar) and conference apps
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to delegate and manage multiple projects
- Experience managing room blocks across multiple hotels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a team environment and work cooperatively with key stakeholders
- Preparedness to work in a ‘hands-on’ capacity
Experience working in a conference management role, preferably within a Member Association or Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) environment
To learn more about Audiology Australia, visit our website ww.audiology.asn.au. For more information on this position, please contact the Marketing and Events Manager, Savio D’sa on (03) 9877 2727
Your application should include:
1. cover letter (please include your salary expectations);
2. resume, and;
3. a brief description addressing each of the key selection criteria
You may apply through SEEK or email Savio D’sa, Marketing and Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday 13th March 2018. (Please note that interviews are currently scheduled to be conducted on Monday 19th March 2018).