Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia) is the national peak body for fire safety that provides information, services and education to the fire protection industry and the community.
Association members include manufacturers and suppliers of fire protection products and services, fire-fighters, building owners, insurers, designers and building surveyors, government and legislators, educators and anyone else working as part of the fire protection community to provide a safer environment for all Australians.A position for a full time Compliance Officer position reporting to the General Manager - Member & Industry Services is now available. The ideal candidate will have some fire industry experience and experience in auditing and compliance.
The purpose of this role is to provide a full-time dedicated resource to develop and implement, in consultation with internal stakeholders, an auditing program for Association members and individuals accredited under the Association Accreditation Schemes. The compliance officer will also be responsible to develop and manage a complaints handling process for members and accredited individuals.
The focus of this role is to ensure all Association members and accredited individuals comply with our terms and conditions of membership and accreditation. Develop an auditing program, thus allowing the Association to maintain a high level of compliance for both members and accredited individuals, to achieve improved safety outcomes.
- Develop and maintain an Auditing program for current and future accreditation Schemes and FPA Australia Members
- Receive and respond to complaints and reports from agencies, other departments and the public on alleged violations of the Associations Code of Practice and Code of Professional Conduct.
- Conduct investigations, prepare evidence and provide recommendations in support of any action or resolution.
- Prepare a variety of written reports, communication, and correspondence related to enforcement / planned corrective action activities.
- Maintain accurate documentation and case files on all audits, investigations and inspections.
- Assist in researching, drafting, and rewriting any of the Association's codes; participate in the development of forms and processes utilized to address various issues.
To be considered for this role the successful candidate will be versatile and have the ability to time manage their day to meet the requirements of the position. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the following attribute, skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a communications/compliance role or similar.
- Demonstrated high level of experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), email and electronic document and record management systems
- Experience in Auditing and/or compliance assessment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to our external and internal customers where required.
- Proven ability in managing projects
- A high level of motivation and commitment
How to Apply
If you think your skills and experience match the selection criteria above, we would love to hear from you. Please ensure you apply with a covering letter telling us why you will be ideal for the role.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by applying here.
All applications received will be treated as strictly confidential.
Applications close Friday 30 June 2017, unless the position is filled prior