About the business and the role
After 5 years of wonderful service Allied Health Professions Australia's (AHPA) current Executive Officer is retiring...
Consequently, AHPA is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer.
AHPA is Australia's peak allied health body currently comprising 22 national allied health professional associations as Members.
This much sought after CEO will position allied health as a key pillar in health, disability and aged care systems, building the reputation and profile of AHPA, advocating nationally for allied health, and managing the operations of AHPA.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position leads a small team of staff and engaged volunteers currently located within the offices of the Australian Psychological Society in Melbourne.
The successful candidate for this diverse, senior role will work in partnership with the Board and member representatives, sharing the work of strategic development, program development and deliver demands of the organisation.
The role will cover ongoing strategic directions; operations and compliance; up-to-date government, health and education policy and/or information; undertake high level lobbying, representation and meetings with key stakeholders; the development of policy, submissions, briefing papers and the production of member information or resources from the aforementioned activities.
Skills and experience
The incoming CEO must be organised, self-driven and motivated to promote and improve the standing of all allied health professions in Australia.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Comprehensive understanding of the diverse and varied allied health professions;
- Good knowledge of the Australian health system and services and the place of allied health within them;
- Capability to lead in complex environments;
- Strong governance knowledge and skills;
- Capability in high level strategic planning;
- Confident, personable communicator and relationships builder;
- Senior management experience;
- Abilities to manage competing demands within limited timeframes.
- Sound understanding of the Australian Government bureaucracy;
- Sound understanding of relevant Government policies;
- Capability in high level policy development and policy analysis;
- Written communication skills;
- Financial management skills;
- Facilitation skills;
- Innovator, solution finder;
- Change management skills.
For further information, and to obtain a full position description, please email the Chair of AHPA's Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria, and the names of three referees, along with your CV.
To apply, click here