Family Business Australia
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Marketing & Communications Coordinator in one of Australia's dynamic not-for-profit organisations. Family Business Australia is a company that works strategically with Family Businesses to lead the delivery of unique & innovative services, creating professional pathways and connecting the family business community.
Reporting to the National Marketing Manager, this varied marketing position will play a big part in the company's communications strategy and online community engagement. Your main responsibilities will be developing content for both online and traditional communications channels whilst ensuring brand integrity and social engagement. You will assist with marketing campaigns for events, using online platforms such as the website and social media channels.
We are looking for someone who has the energy for innovation, is passionate and has a can-do attitude. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with National Marketing Manager and website developers to upgrade website aesthetics and copy.
- Assisting the National Marketing Manager in co-ordinating various integrated communication and marketing activities.
- Develop marketing collateral and other materials related to events, education, membership, and other FBA initiatives.
- Implementing all marketing strategies for events and conferences.
- Develop and compile articles and information for Monthly e-newsletters and quarterly e-magazine.
- Copy and distribution of emails, monthly e-newsletter and quarterly e-magazine.
- Desktop publishing.
- Supervising the production and/or implementation of marketing materials.
- Monitoring and managing social media and media strategies.
- Executing marketing plans including direct mail campaigns, email broadcast campaigns, events, public relations, customer communications, media advertisements and promotions.
- Planning & executing end-to-end marketing campaigns.
- Creating content for press releases, social media promotions, email initiatives and marketing collateral.
- Developing strong relationships with our internal branch network.
- Internal: The National Marketing and Communications Coordinator will report directly to the National Marketing Manager. They will also have internal relationships with State Managers and head office staff.
- External: Members, Contractors and Suppliers.
- Experience in managing and drafting website copy, blogs and social media copy.
- Experience in managing and briefing print collateral.
- A base understanding of SEO and SEM and their impact on website search rankings.
- Understanding of Google Analytics.
- Desktop publishing experience specifically Adobe creative platforms (intermediate).
- Email marketing experience.
- CRM software experience.
- Ability to operate under solid pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Sound administrative experience and an understanding of marketing principles.
- Effective understanding of social media channels and ability to apply them in marketing strategies.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously however, can work collaboratively and efficaciously as a team member.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Deliver innovative thoughts and contribute to marketing initiatives.
- Qualifications in marketing, communications or relevant area such as organisational development, sales administration or marketing related field.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in a marketing/communications position.
Full Time, 5 days per week, 7.6 hours per day, Melbourne based and with a closing date: 7 April 2017.
For a more detailed position description please contact Prue Dana, Family Business Australia, Office Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.