Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) is the peak professional organisation, which is committed to establishing, promoting and defending the career paths of tertiary trained exercise and sports science practitioners.
Located in Hamilton, Brisbane, ESSA is seeking a part time Accreditation Manager (up to 22.5hrs/wk) to oversee the accreditation services provided by Exercise & Sports Science Australia. The Accreditation unit is responsible for overseeing course accreditation, and individual accreditation (domestically and internationally). The position has flexibility in working hours.
The successful candidate will strong understanding of accreditation or quality assurance systems.
The position will be responsible for:
- management and oversight of the accreditation unit
- responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive accreditation program in collaboration with the Accreditation Council
- oversee the operations of the Accreditation Council
- with the Accreditation Council, development of policies and key support material around accreditation for professionals or courses
- oversee the implementation of the accreditation systems for the organisation
- coordinate communication of outcomes and progress of projects to all relevant parties
- developing and monitoring the annual accreditation budget and overseeing related financials
- provide counsel to other units on accreditation issues
- maintain relationships across a range of stakeholders, government, non-government, private sector partners and research bodies who impact on ESSA's accreditation
- coordinating with ESSA's leadership team and contributing to the organisation's overall planning and accountability systems
- provide guidance and support to Accreditation team
Knowledge and Skills
- demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of accreditation systems
- demonstrated capacity in writing of policies, procedures, and high level reports
- demonstrated ability to develop relationships and consult closely with stakeholders
- demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- highly developed ability to work independently and supervise staff to meet tight timelines
- demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify trends and issues and make recommendations to assist the profession
- minimum 5 years industry experience, with 2 years experience in roles
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Anita on 07 3171 3335
Applications close Friday 21st April, to apply click here.
07 3171 3335