- Leading professional membership association
- National reach based in Sydney CBD
- Competitive remuneration package
The Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD) is the leading national association for learning and development professionals. Formed in 1971, AITD fosters excellence in individual and organisational learning through developing our members, facilitating networking and information exchange, advocacy and defining practice standards and providing accreditation.
With a fresh perspective on its organisational purpose, understanding what the association does well, and the environment in which we operate, AITD is repositioning itself to improve our professional and industry profile and membership strength. AITD have a highly capable National Office team, strategic relationships and an established broad professional network of members who have breadth and depth of experience nationally and within the Asia Pacific region.
AITD membership provides professional connectedness and access to a range of contemporary products, services and networks to support individuals at all stages of their career and lifelong learning.
AITD is seeking an experienced leader to drive the next phase of the association’s innovation and growth by working with the Board to develop, implement and execute the next strategic plan. Reporting to the Board through the National President, you will:
- establish and drive business plans to strengthen and grow the association with a focus on enhancing and adding value to member products, services and building new revenue streams
- develop and foster relationships with Government, industry partners, regulators and stakeholders to represent member views and positively influence the national learning and development agenda lead business development, communications, financial, legal, sponsorship and other operational aspects of the association including delivery of AITD National Conference and AITD Excellence Awards
- inspire, lead and manage a small national office team to meet objectives of annual business plans in a challenging and competitive environment
You will be suitably qualified and likely to be already working at a senior level and can demonstrate a record of achievement in a not for profit or an industry membership based association, and have:
- a commercial mindset with an excellent understanding of corporate governance and financial management
- an adaptive leadership style and can successfully lead the team through periods of change and continuous improvement
- a pragmatic approach with the ability to effectively manage competing demands and priorities
- an engaging and inspiring communication style and are comfortable speaking publicly and facilitating events
- a service orientation with an ability to influence a range of stakeholders to build mutually beneficial partnerships
An established corporate professional network within the broader adult education or learning and development community will be advantageous. The role is based in Sydney and may require some national travel.
To apply, click here