- High profile registered club industry association
- Full time, permanent role, based at our head office in Hurstville
- Capacity to travel interstate on a frequent basis essential
The Club Managers’ Association Australia (CMAA) is a membership based organisation representing close to 2,000 professional registered club managers across Australia. The CMAA’s activities focus on the key areas of employment advocacy, professional development, collegiality and industry representation.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, your role will be to oversee the professional development arm of the association; Club Management Development Australia (CMDA), and its various activities and services. This role is a central resource for our members and their staff and will suit someone who thrives on providing a high level of service and enjoys building relationships and developing an individual’s professional development. Demonstrated experience gained working at a management level within the Hospitality or Tourism sectors would be desirable.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Development /delivery of the CMDA’s strategic plan in alignment with the overall Association Strategic Plan
- Budgeting and cost control of the CMDA’s activities
- Supervision of support staff and CMDA trainers
- Organising conference and summit events
- Review and enhancement of course curriculum
- Management of our Association’s Certified Club Manager recognition award
- Management of our CMAA Mentoring Program
- Training delivery of supervisory and management discipline courses
This role will also require occasional regional and interstate travel to facilitate the delivery of the Head Office reports and training to our members.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience in a training and development management role with exposure to organising large scale events, managing relationships with staff, members, sponsors and speakers, and demonstrated experience delivering presentations and training courses.
You will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong capacity to multi task, work under pressure and operate with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of conference apps and technology
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary, five weeks annual leave and entitlements including superannuation and personal professional development, a flexible regular roster normally Monday to Friday, staff car parking and a modern office environment.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and covering letter expanding on your skills and experience as they relate to the position via email in one PDF or Word document to Ralph Kober, CMAA Executive Officer on email@example.com . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: 9am AEDT Tuesday 22 May 2018