- Broad and diverse national events management role
- Full-time, permanent role, based at our National Office in East Melbourne
- $113,761 - $126,567 per annum (depending on experience) plus 13.5% superannuation
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) is Australia's largest professional general practice organisation and represents more than 40,000 members working in general practice. The RACGP's activities focus on the six key areas of standards, quality, education, advocacy, professional leadership and collegiality.
Are you an accomplished events manager with a drive to provide the best possible experience to your customers? Are you looking for a diverse role that provides you the opportunity to ‘get your teeth’ into event strategy and really make an impact? If this sounds like you then don’t miss out on this opportunity to lead our Conferences & Events team, managing a range of health-based national events and activities.
As our National Manager, Conferences & Events you will lead a team of six, ensuring the successful delivery of events from concept development through to delivery. In your first 12 months you will be responsible for delivering our largest conference GP19, which attracts over 2,000 delegates. You will also begin planning for next year’s GP20 conference, commence planning for our Practice Owners Conference in 2020 as well as undertake a review of current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and new innovations.
Some of your responsibilities will also include:
- Academic and clinical program design and management, in partnership with a committee of GPs, including coordination of the call for session submissions and abstracts
- Coordinating conference sponsorship and exhibition strategies in collaboration with the business development team
- Relationship management of stakeholders including sponsors, exhibitors, committees and education providers
- Developing and managing the event marketing strategy including development of all written content across multiple mediums
- Managing the Conference and Events budgets
- Supporting the ongoing professional development and upskilling of direct reports
As an accomplished events professional, you will be adept at managing events of over 500+ delegates and will have exposure to trade and exhibitions. You will be a strong people leader with the ability to develop and engage your team whilst being able to manage competing priorities with ease.
To be successful you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Direct experience managing a team including setting and monitoring KPIs and performance, workload distribution and management and upskilling and mentoring
- Advanced understanding of conference software functionality and data management principles
- Effective and coherent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the development and execution of event marketing plans
- Established capacity to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a complex environment
- Practical analytical skills and strategic planning ability
Any exposure to the coordination of clinical/research abstracts would be highly regarded.
For a copy of the position description please visit https://www.racgp.org.au/the-racgp/careers/position-descriptions
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a high-profile health and education organisation where progressive leadership, innovation, integrity, collaboration and accountability is valued. Benefits of working at the RACGP include 13.5% superannuation, easy access to public transport, annual leave loading, access to our employee wellbeing program, additional leave over the Christmas and New Year period and discounts to a large range of retailers.
The RACGP is a winner of the Employer of Choice Award from the Australian Business Awards. The Employer of Choice Award recognises achievement through effective recruitment, engagement and retention of staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter expanding on your skills and experience. Please apply via the RACGP website here: https://www.racgp.org.au/the-racgp/careers/career-opportunities?ja-job=894398
Applications close AEST 11:55pm Sunday 30 June 2019
Applications are only open to applicants with full working rights in Australia.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a National Police check. Please note that applicants with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, people who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, mature age and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
We respectfully note that we will not be accepting agency enquiries for this position.