Coordinate and deliver event logistics for our high-profile health and education organisation
- Full Time fixed term contract until July 2021
- $76,906 k+ per annum plus 13.5%
- East Melbourne location, close to Jolimont station and the MCG
Reporting to the Conferences and Events Manager, this role will work with key departmental stakeholders to coordinate, administer and deliver a range of national events and educational programs throughout Australia. In particular, this role will focus on the successful delivery of the logistics of Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) workshops for our members (predominantly GPs). This is a new program with 30 workshops held throughout the year and participant numbers ranging from 20 – 80.
These workshops are held on weekends and throughout Australia so the flexibility to work weekends and regularly travel to rural Australia is essential.
As well as owning the event logistics for these AOD workshops, you will also have the opportunity to support and learn from the broader team with larger events and conferences.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and deliver event logistics for the national Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) workshops including, venue sourcing, catering, AV, room setup, travel and accommodation bookings for presenters and staff
- Support the event coordinators with the planning and delivery of event related materials including event apps, websites, registration and email systems
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the national events team
This role will suit someone with plenty of initiative who is passionate about delivering events and is keen to learn and develop as an events professional.
We are looking for someone who also has:
- Experience supporting the delivery of conferences and events
- Extensive customer service experience with a high level of commitment to excellent customer service delivery
- Extensive events administration experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a busy team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Flexibility to regularly work weekends and travel to rural Australia
- A current Australian driver’s license
Experience in EventsAir and/or working in a member based organisation will be also be well regarded.
For a copy of the position description visit https://www.racgp.org.au/the-racgp/careers/position-descriptions.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a high-profile health and education organisation where progressive leadership, innovation, integrity, collaboration and accountability is valued. Benefits of working at the RACGP include 13.5% superannuation, easy access to public transport, annual leave loading, additional leave over the Christmas and New Year period and discounts to a large range of retailers.
The RACGP is a winner of the Employer of Choice Award category within the Australian Business Awards. The Employer of Choice Award recognises achievement through effective recruitment, engagement and retention of staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter expanding on your skills, experience and interest. Please ensure that your application is submitted in one PDF or Word document.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that applicants with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Applications close AEST 11:55pm – Sunday 5th January 2020
Interviews will be conducted week commencing January 13th 2020
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, people who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, mature age and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.