Office Administrator for Health Education Charity
An ideal role for a person considering a career in the Not for Profit/Association field
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 (plus superannuation) FBT income tax benefits apply
Reporting to Executive Officer
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is seeking to appoint an outstanding administrative candidate with a knowledge of office procedures, IT and social media, to work in a small interactive team. The role will be varied and interesting - initially working on the implementation of a new CRM system, and assisting in the many administrative roles that enable an Association to function efficiently.
The ASA is a fast growing professional association representing approx 900 members within Australia & New Zealand, working in the area of sleep health and sleep science, with a multi-disciplinary membership including physicians, psychologists, neurologists, researchers, nurses and dentists etc.
"The mission of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is to lead and promote sleep health and sleep science in Australia and New Zealand and to facilitate the professional development of its members by providing education and training, fostering research and establishing clinical standards within the field."
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Manage the delivery of services and programs of the Association in accordance with the policy frameworks and plans endorsed by the ASA Board.
- Assist with the ongoing membership activities of the Association and report to the Executive Officer on the progress and status of such activities with transparency and accountability.
- Work with other staff in a cooperative manner to ensure smooth running of the Association at all times.
- Promote the vision and objectives of the Association in all activities both within the organisation and externally.
The administrator will work closely with the Communications Officer, but will report to the Executive Officer.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Working knowledge of computers
- Excellent Microsoft Office ability, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience/ability to understand principles of web based database management
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the position
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding ASA
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Experience with Social Media Platforms
- Minute taking skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Health Science
Hours of Work:
Basic Hours of work will be 38 hours per week, flexible hours between 8am and 5.30pm
Office is situated in Blacktown CBD, close to trains, buses and shopping centre
Parking may be provided
Terms of Appointment: One year contract in the first instance with a view to making this into a permanent position.
Assistant to Executive Officer
Assist Executive Officer with various administrative roles, as required
Assist Communications Officer with:
- Conversion from Associations on Line to IMIS Database/website (training will be provided). It is envisioned that this will take up the majority of work for the first 4 months of the appointment
- Ongoing management of Membership Data Base
- Management of ASA Website including:
- Ensuring all information is current and relevant
- Uploading of new information and material
- Management of Webinar programme
- Educational Library – managing input and access to Educational Library
- Short Courses – manage short courses including development of timelines, budgets and seeking and managing sponsorship
- Send out requests for information
- Collate and prepare Newsletter
- Manage design and posting of newsletters onto website
- E-Newsletters and half yearly ASA Newsletters
- Collate information, prepare and circulate
- ASA Councils
- Send out email notices on request by ASA Council Chairs
Assist Senior Admin Officer with:
- Social Media - Work with Senior Executive Officer in management of ASA public Facebook/Twitter accounts
- Management of Facebook Members only Forum – ensuring members post regularly
- Answer telephones and respond to basic queries and referring on to relevant staff member
- Monitor e-mails responding to basic queries and referring others onto relevant staff members
- Distribution of mail to relevant staff members
Committee Meeting Management
- Arranging Zoom meetings, sending out of Doodle Polls, Agendas and Minutes
Please contact Stephanie Blower, Executive Officer, Australasian Sleep Association
Phone: 02 9920 1968
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of our CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 28 January 2019
Applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted by 4 February 2019