More than 1.2 million Kiwis volunteer in our communities every year – step up to this opportunity to make a difference as our new Chief Executive.
Volunteering New Zealand is the national voice of volunteering, working to create an Aotearoa New Zealand that promotes, values and supports effective volunteering. A national membership organisation, Volunteering New Zealand is an influential leader in the community and voluntary sector.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and innovator to drive our well-established organisation through the next stage of growth.
With a remit that involves leading people, financials, strategy, programme development and stakeholder relations, you will ensure that Volunteering New Zealand effectively leads, values and champions volunteering.
The successful applicant will bring:
- a passion for volunteering and solid understanding of voluntary sector issues
- experience leading and inspiring teams of paid and volunteer staff
- the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government
- advocacy skills to bring about change
- ideas and creativity for delivering on strategy
- knowledge and understanding of te ao Maori
- the ability to develop new and tap into existing funding sources
- financial management skills
- experience working with and reporting to committees or boards
- excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- understanding of and ability to interact with the media
This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the evolving volunteer landscape in New Zealand.
- an ability to optimise the use of technology and digital channels.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
For a position description, application form and further information, please visit our website.
Applications close Friday 20 July 2018.
Applications must be made on the Application Form on the website and sent as a separate attachment along with your CV and covering letter.
For more information contact Jennifer Pelvin – 021 491 456.