The Management Committee of the Australian Booksellers Association (ABA) is recruiting a new CEO upon the retirement of the incumbent.
The ABA has been a strong, effective and active membership association for Australian booksellers since 1924. We are based in Kew East, Victoria, with a permanent staff of 4. Our major annual events include national conference each June, "Love Your Bookshop" day each August, the production of the Kids Reading Guide each October, along with various training and advocacy events throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will have :
- bookshop or book industry experience
- interest and skills in advocacy and public policy influence for the industry sector
- a flexible approach to managing and growing a diverse national membership with high demands
- the ability to effectively lead a small and amazingly productive team
- project management skills to manage a broad range of annual events across Australia
- excellent communication and negotiation skills to further enhance current supplier, partner and member benefit relationships.
- skills to manage a complex balance sheet and P&L
The Benefits of this Role
- a national role in a well established association
- an engaged and stable Board of active booksellers
- Some international travel is occasionally required to represent Australian voices in New Zealand, the US, Asia and the UK.
- lots of free books
- a salary package to suit the industry and the applicant
To apply -please click here.
Applications close Tuesday 7th August.
Further enquiries to Tim White (ABA President) at firstname.lastname@example.org.