About the business
Fitness Australia is the peak health and fitness industry association providing a range of professional and business support services to over 25,000 registered personal trainers and instructors, fitness businesses and industry suppliers Australia-wide.
Fitness Australia is seeking an Advertising & Sponsorship co-ordinator to join their team at their Head Office in Sydney (Alexandria).
This full-time position is responsible for:
1. Managing, identifying and securing all advertising.
2. Managing, identifying and securing all Industry Suppliers.
3. Account co-ordination of Advertisers, Industry Suppliers and Partners
4. Building and maintaining professional relationships with key industry stakeholders
About the role
- Actively source and sell advertising
- Prepare & manage all bookings, invoicing and reporting
- Manage and monitor advertising schedule across all mediums, ensuring maximizing opportunities
- Develop relationships with all key advertisers
- Identify and continually update advertising prospect list
- Deliver financial targets
- Monthly reporting
- Assistance in the execution of contract deliverables
- Administrative assistance on proposals & contracts
- Assist in identifying potential partners
- Work with project managers to integrate partner requirements into campaigns
- Build and maintain a proactive professional relationships with partners
- Assist in preparation of commercial forecasts, budgets, strategies & reports
Sponsorships & Partnerships
- Drive the development of effective sponsorship and partnership arrangements for key industry events, programs and services in collaboration with the broader team & expansion of sponsorship agreements to meet agreed KPIs.
- Manage & implement the sponsorship and partnership policy.
- Maintain relationships with current service provider partners and investigate avenues to expand the range of services provided to them.
- tailored proposals, contracts, & agreements.
- value assessment for proposals & partnership packages.
- Negotiate all deals to ensure maximum output for Fitness Australia and the Sponsor / Partner.
- Maintain thorough understanding of contracts to ensure all benefits are delivered & relevant parties are aware of all details.
- Quarterly reviews with sponsors and corporate partners to ensure expectations are being met & they are satisfied with the level of service received
- Reports to sponsors and partners on completion of their term, addressing deliverables and successes.
- Oversee & meet commercial targets and budgets.
- Develop & deliver an internal monthly report
- Actively source & secure new Industry Suppliers
- Execution of deliverables
- Build a proactive relationship with Industry Suppliers
- Identify opportunities for Industry Suppliers to further engage with the industry through alternate commercial channels
- Identify and continually update the Industry Supplier prospect list
- Deliver financial targets
- Monthly reporting.
- Support the Business Development & Fitness Australia team with projects as required
- Work with the Digital Communications Coordinator on executing advertising, Industry Supplier & partner requirements
Benefits and perks
Fitness Australia has a team of 25 based in five (5) offices around Australia. We are an energetic and innovative team working for a fitter, healthier Australia.
You will receive full training in your role, access to great facilities with opportunities for career advancement for high achieving candidates.
Perks include working in a funky office space, a physical activity hour every week, birthday cakes, team lunches, fresh fruit and flexible working arrangements where suitable.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field of study (Advertising, Sales, Sponsorship) or related experience
- A proven record of success in a sales environment
- A strong understanding of sales strategies
- A sound understanding and execution of commercial and marketing plans
- A proven record in simultaneously managing multiple external third parties
- Sponsorship/partnership project management, implementation and execution.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including an eye for detail and proof reading skills
- Advanced computer literacy across a range of applications including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite and web-based communications applications.
- A proactive and innovative problem-solver
- Welcoming, friendly and helpful manner
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Proven experience working efficiently on multiple projects, ensuring that project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Previous experience working in sponsorship and partnerships
- Experience working in an industry or professional association environment
- An understanding of the Fitness Industry in Australia.
- Some experience, even as a volunteer, with a mission-driven non-profit organisation.
- An interest in health and fitness
Personal attributes and behaviours:
- Current drivers licence
- Willingness to travel interstate (if required)
- Willingness to work outside business hours and occasional weekends
- Participation in performance appraisal of self and all staff
- Sound knowledge of the Australian Fitness Industry and exercise professional service delivery
- Interest in fitness, health and promoting a quality culture in the fitness industry
Please contact Liz Richardson on (02) 8036 0607 if you have any questions.
To apply, click here.