Title: Membership Coordinator, ACC Asia Pacific
Department(s): ACC Asia Pacific
Reports to: Director of Membership and Member Services, ACC Asia Pacific
Location: Melbourne, Australia
FT/PT Status: 0.8 FTE hours
NOTE: This position is being offered on a 12 month contract.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate and support membership growth for the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Australia. The role will liaise closely with the Director of Membership and Member Services (DMMS) and Membership Manager (MM) to maintain the membership database and implement membership acquisition and retention strategies.
The person shall ensure the integrity, security and accuracy of the Australia membership database; administer the membership renewal process; answer all inbound calls and emails relating to membership and assist in overall office administration.
The role works cross-functionally and creatively with ACC colleagues to promote and support ACC membership in the region and will support the general activities and campaigns in the Asia-Pacific region as needed.
- Manage the membership application process and ensure correct membership eligibility and categorisation.
- Contribute to a prospective member database.
- Maintain a regular schedule of outgoing calls to prospective, lapsed and expired members.
- Ensure a high-quality experience for members and prospective members through development and delivery of streamlined membership administration processes and procedures.
- Manage the use, accuracy and security of the membership database system.
- Manage the membership renewal processes to ensure retention targets are met
- Data entry of new memberships, member updates and changes.
- Prepare and issue all membership packs and mail outs including new member packs and renewal letters.
- Process all member payments, working with the accounts function as required.
- Assist the accounts function with financial processes as directed.
- Complete membership reports as required by the DMMS.
- Provide administrative support for the ACC Asia Pacific team as required.
- Be the primary phone coverage (first person to answer all incoming calls).
- Be the primary person managing the generic email account (membership address).
- Provide timely, friendly and effective service and issues resolution to members and prospective members.
- Consult with the DMMS and Membership Manager on member enquiries and issues as required.
- Undertake such other duties as required by the DMMS.
Education: Tertiary degree preferred.
Work Experience: Two or more years membership experience in an industry body, membership association or not for profit organisation including extensive customer service experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with senior executives and external stakeholders.
- Experience of using and improving administrative systems to maximise results (e.g. CRM systems).
- Ability to multi-task, show initiative and effectively manage a diverse workload.
- Self-motivated, extremely well organised with excellent time management skills.
- Results driven with integrity.
- Adaptable and flexible in outlook.
- Warm and friendly disposition with a willingness to engage with members and stakeholders
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Indoors and normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes vibrations, and temperature changes.
2. Frequent computer use at desk and frequent cordless headset phone use.
3. Frequently works at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
4. Possible domestic travel 1-3 times a year.
5. Moves frequently around office to undertake work, including some lifting of boxes.
6. Participation in a reasonable number of conference calls outside work hours to accommodate other time zones.
7. Attendance at occasional events out of business hours will be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this position, please send your application to Andrew McCallum email@example.com
Applications close Friday 20th July.