Mentor and Business Development Representatives - Apprentice Mentoring Program
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. We are currently seeking a capable individual who can combine the skills of Mentoring and Business Development to grow participation in our Apprentice Mentoring Program.
The Program is available to apprentices in the building and construction industry under the Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA), which is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
The ISMAA Program aims to support apprentices in the building and construction industry who face many challenges as they journey towards finalising their trade qualification.
We are seeking a motivated individual in the Gold Coast area with mentoring and business development skills to undertake this interesting and diverse role.
This position is a fixed term role until December 2019.
Key responsibilities include:
Working closely with the national Project Manager and Business Development Manager, and identified delivery partners to achieve program outcomes and results.
- Helping to establish and maintain an enrolment process for the program.
- Ensuring potential apprentices meet the requirements of the program.
- Developing and reporting on business development opportunities.
- Maintaining mentor records and KPI’s in a timely manner according to HIA standard procedures.
- Conducting mentor meetings with apprentices according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Working as an apprentice mentor from when apprentices join the program to completion
- Assisting with the promotion of the ISMAA Mentoring Program at Career Markets and Expos and other events such as HIA Trade Nights, Regional Meeting and Information Nights.
The successful person will:
- Have demonstrated sales and business development experience.
- Have experience in a student-facing environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Have the capacity for regular travel.
- Need a current driver’s licence and a working with vulnerable people check in line with the state requirements.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles, Home & Contents Insurance and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining the HIA team please send your application by 30 July 2018 to: email@example.com
Housing Industry Association
79 Constitution Avenue, Campbell ACT 2612
Applications submitted after the closing date may be accepted, however please note the interview process may have already commenced.