About the company
Engineers Australia is well known for being the peak professional body, the trusted voice and the global home of the Australian engineering profession.
Through a sustained period of significant innovation and growth, Engineers Australia as an organisation has evolved to become known as a top membership-based organisation that not only leads and influences the engineering profession through strategic partnerships with industry and the Australian Government, but also offers an ever-growing suite of member benefits, products and services that are considered world-class.
About the role
Engineers Australia is seeking a proven business development leader, someone who can develop business strategy and lead a team focused on growing the value of new and existing client partnerships. This role has the ability to be undertaken out of Engineers Australia's offices in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra.
Here’s what you will be expected to do:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to grow client spend.
- Become a sector expert to develop strategies to win, maintain and grow clients, and share market intelligence on industry developments, trends and industry movements
- Drive a key account management culture within the business
- Lead a national client manager team, including responsibility for staff development, coaching, performance and business unit outcomes.
- Ensure operational plans and budgets for the business unit are effectively developed and implemented, and identified goals are met.
- Manage multiple high level projects to enhance the deliverables of the team for the organisation.
To succeed in this role, you will be expected to show:
- Previous experience leading a high performing business development / client team with a tertiary degree qualification preferably in related discipline.
- Proven track record of driving business/revenue growth in a commercial setting
- Success in B2B solution selling with a history of closing sales and achieving targets.
- Track record of growing staff capability.
- Ability to conduct negotiations, influence and interact with business leaders.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and team skills.
Want to apply or know more?
If you feel that you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to excel in this position, please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter.
To apply for this position in Brisbane, click here.
To apply for this position in Melbourne, click here.
To apply for this position in Sydney, click here.
To apply for this position in Canberra, click here.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact: Noel Dos Santos – General Manager, Business Growth – NDosSantos@engineersaustralia.org.au to arrange a suitable time.
A copy of the full position description is available on our website https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/About-Us/Jobs-At-Engineers-Australia
Applications close: Sunday 29 July 2018
Please note: applications that do not include a cover letter may not be considered for this opportunity
Culture and Benefits
A competitive base salary and remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. In addition, our staff enjoy a range of employee benefits at their fingertips including (but not limited to): salary sacrificing/packaging; complimentary salary continuance, life and TPD insurance; paid parental leave, a standard 35-hour full-time working week and additional paid Christmas leave.