ACENZ represents the nations consulting industry for engineering & related professionals. Membership currently stands at over 190 companies employing some 12,000 people.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The ACENZ Support Services Manager must be able to easily step into any project and efficiently assist the team with logistical and administrative support. Primary duties include assistance with the administration of our database, Member records, website and online communication portals, manage Association travel & accommodation requirements and assist with Events administration.
As part of a small close-knit team, the SS will assist with Membership systems, including applications of new members, and member interface activities. Coordination with staff to maintain the membership database and related website and online portal services. The SSM also handles event administration, travel bookings and actively supports the running of the ACENZ office and other duties as needed.
- Reports directly to CEO and GM
- Works together with Corporate Services Manager & Membership Engagement Manager and the Board or other personnel and volunteers as needed.
MEMBERSHIP & DATABASE SUPPORT
TRAVEL AND AWARDS ADMINISTRATION
- Work with the other managers on Membership programmes, administration and other duties as required.
- Assist with Membership systems including administration of applications.
- Assist GM with website maintenance and content
- Assist GM with communication portals and scheduling of content
- Manage the regular update of the Membership database (goal of updating 10 firms details per month)
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation for Board Meetings and other relevant Association meetings.
- Assist the GM with Awards administration (both student and project awards) as needed
- Assist the GM with engagement of the Young Professionals, Committees, and other groups as required
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SUPPORT
- Creating the online registration portal and uploading content to web
- Drafting event communication and distributing to members
- Monitoring RSVPs and responding to attendee inquiries
- Liaising with the venue to provide final head counts
- Attending events and conferences
- Co-coordinating administrative/logistical requirements such as:
- Collecting any dietary needs or notes
- On-site registration management
- Pre/Post-event surveys and response collection
- Uploading any event photos,
- Ensuring that event data is transferred correctly to database
- Other event administration duties as needed
OFFICE & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Administer events/conferences/sponsorship payment and invoicing,
- Accounts clerical
- Petty cash & receipts
- Other accounting/finance related administration as needed, working with CSM
(Shared with other staff on a roster/as needed basis)
- When needed, confidently manage various projects for the benefit of ACENZ activities, programmes, or operations taking ownership and using initiative to ensure quality results
- Greet and when necessary host visitors, guests and elected representatives.
- Check communications & voice messages
- Liaise with outside service providers to address scope, orders and manage stationery and documentation requirements
- Manage photocopying maintenance and supplies orders
- Administrative support for surveys as needed,
- When required, take minutes of meetings
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
- Build and manage relationships with key industry members for the benefit of ACENZ members and stakeholders
- Represent ACENZ and Chief Executive at external meetings when requested
- Contribute to the provision of trusted advice and services to ACENZ through solid internal and external communication
- Assist with ACENZ brand, design and content creation for online and printed publications
- Administer some of the design and print content of ACENZ communications
- Attend and assist with other industry meetings when applicable
- Assist with event programming and content/topics along with the ACENZ staff
- Attend lunchtime or dinner social functions as required
- Deal with routine internal and external correspondence as required
- Adhoc administrative duties as and when required
- Maintain a “team player” attitude, demonstrating initiative and quality based results drive
The successful candidate will have excellent administrative and some financial/accounting skills (MYOB an advantage)They will be comfortable dealing with senior people from the private and public sectors. Computer literacy is essential to the position,
With a small staff a positive, “can do” attitude is very important, as duties and projects can vary. The ability to work with little instruction and “thinking on your feet” is required to fulfill this role successfully.
ACENZ is a well respected organisation located in the CBD that has wide recognition from politicians, business leaders and the construction industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. $58,000-$62,000 based on experience. This is for a full time role (contract/temp) based in Wellington, New Zealand.
Please contact Holly Morchat Stanko at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this job.
When ready to apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Kieran Shaw, CEO at email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled as applications come in.
We're a hard working office who likes to have fun too!