APHA is the peak national body representing the interests of the private hospital sector, working to promote the vital role played by private hospitals and to ensure the ongoing development of the private hospitals industry in Australia.
APHA is seeking an Events Coordinator with professional conference management experience to deliver an annual 250 person conference, and a few smaller events throughout the year.
The person will have PCO or in-house experience and be able to demonstrate leading the development, management and delivery of events, either individually or managing a team.
This role will work closely with the Director, Communications and Marketing on all aspects of the conference, from securing a venue through to planning the program and booking speakers.
This role will appeal to someone with good communication skills, ability to work under pressure who enjoys working with a team to achieve an outstanding result.
In this role you will be required to:
- Create project plans, timelines, and milestones ensuring timely delivery of all projects within budget and specified margins
- Oversee event execution, including communicating with and managing relevant stakeholders (both internal and external) in the lead up to and during events
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including partners and partner venues and liaise with the PCO
- Develop content, including event programs with the event committee’s support
- Manage a budget
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multitasking environment
- Experience in event management, project management or account management
- Experience in creating and maintaining budgets
What we offer:
- An opportunity to take ownership of an event and develop it
- Work with a team to lead an event
- Lead the creation of event collateral
- Opportunities for training and to develop other communications skills
- A great office environment and a good team
- Car parking, phone and laptop
Some domestic air travel is required in this role.
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Lesa Cleaves at email@example.com to request a copy of the position description which includes details of the application process. For more information about the role you can call Frith Rayner on 02 6273 9000.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 3 September 2018