We have an exciting opportunity for a customer centric professional ready to hit the ground running in a role with a leading industry body. This diverse and challenging role offers immense growth potential within a small high performing member engagement team.
Since 1903, the Australian Retailers Association (ARA) have been the peak industry body in Australia's $310 billion retail sector, which employs over 1.2 million people. With a range of member services including business consulting, policy development, advocacy and education, the ARA promotes and protects over 7,500 independent and national retailers throughout Australia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Member Engagement & Development, this busy and varied role will be focused on nurturing existing members and developing membership prospects. You will provide high level service to new and existing ARA members in Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia. You will be the point of contact for member enquiries and will endeavour to solve these queries efficiently. Your membership engagement can be achieved through a series of face-to-face meetings, telephone conversations and electronic communications.
You are always looking out for business development opportunities to turn prospects into ARA members. Your experience in sales and excellent communication skills will help you excite prospects on what the ARA has to offer.
You use Netsuite or other similar customer relationship management (CRM) systems to update and maintain accurate data. You will be comfortable using a CRM system to log all engagement and development activity to ensure transparency and accountability.
This is a 10 month full-time maternity leave contract with possibility of further extension for the right person.
- Manage the member journey program for medium and large ARA members across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.
- Ensure high quality customer service is delivered at all times.
- Provide a seamless experience for all new and existing members.
- Enrich member relationships through member engagement activities such as face-to-face meetings, telephone conversations and electronic communications.
- Formulate solutions to member enquiries and recommend ARA products and services to complement.
- Update and maintain the integrity of data through our CRM system Netsuite.
- Nurturing leads from initial stage to final outcome.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and B2B engagement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – at all levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, with a proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Professional presentation.
- Use of Netsuite or similar CRM system.
- Current VIC drivers license.
- Exposure to working within a not-for-profit and/or membership sector
Why work with us:
You will be working out of a bright East Melbourne office with a good support team. All ARA employees have access to a generous staff rewards and recognition program as well as our monthly work drinks and other surprise gatherings. Public transport is at our doorstep and there are a number of fantastic eateries next to the office.
If you believe you can tick all of the boxes above, then please apply today! For further information about the role please email Yvonne Chow, Human Resources & Talent Manager (HR@retail.org.au).
Click this link to apply.