- Sydney (Surry Hills) based, close proximity to Central Station
- Car park access
- Managing a committed team
The Australian Podiatry Association is the largest and oldest professional membership association representing podiatry and promoting foot health in Australia. As the leading provider of quality continuing education for podiatrists, we support our members with opportunities to develop their professional career, uphold standards and build connections. www.podiatry.org.au
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Manage a Marketing and Communications and NSW & ACT membership services team
- Liaises with: Stakeholders and other APodA staff
About the role
The Marketing and NSW & ACT State Manager is a key member of the APodA Leadership Team, bringing skills, experience and commitment to enhance and develop to APodA programs. The role is based in the APodA Office in Surry Hills. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role is responsible for managing a committed team in delivering innovative and engaging marketing and communications strategies to key stakeholder groups including member podiatrists, non-member podiatrists and other foot health stakeholders including the general public. You will deliver a marketing and communication program designed to;
- Drive member engagement
- Acquire new members
- Raise awareness of the importance of good foot health
- Encourage consumers to find a podiatrist via podiatry.org.au
The role is also responsible for overseeing the delivery of services in the NSW & ACT region including;
- Management of memberships, programs and services in the NSW & ACT region such as continuing professional development
- Management of the NSW & ACT Regional Committee
- Management and development of the NSW/ACT membership services and events team
- Building relationships with relevant local authorities and agencies
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and implement National APodA marketing and communication strategies.
- Manage the development and delivery of high quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications including print, digital and social media
- Manage the development and delivery of an annual Foot Health Week Campaign
- Oversee the APodA brand management
- Develop and deliver proactive and reactive PR and media campaigns.
- Manage design and development of key reports including Annual Reports and market research reports.
- Develop evaluation strategies for the assessment of APodA marketing and other program initiatives .
- Develop and deliver local programs and services such as CPD to attract and engage podiatrists in the NSW and ACT region
- Implement strategies to respond to local member professional requirements
- Support relationships with key stakeholders including NSW APodA Board and NSW APodA Regional Committee
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the APodA strategic plan.
- Other duties as directed by the and commensurate with the scope and classification of the position
Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or significant industry experience in communications, marketing, public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated team and project management skills.
- Experience in managing digital marketing and social media
- Experience in PR, media relations and corporate communications
- Experience in stakeholder relations, team management and leadership at senior level
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Highly professional and articulate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to high quality outcomes.
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong personal values and commitment to working in the not-for-profit sector
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants are required to provide a statement addressing the following key selection criteria, in addition to providing a CV/resume
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or significant industry experience in communications, marketing, business development or public relations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of marketing collateral, and print, electronic, and social media campaigns.
- Experience in preparing reports including Annual Reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Experience in the Not for Profit or Association sectors is preferred
Please send your resume and any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 28 January 2019