About Audiology Australia
Audiology Australia is the peak professional association representing audiologists in Australia. Established in 1968, it has a current membership of over 2,700 audiologists representing approximately 98 per cent of the profession.
We provide professional development, set ethical standards of practice and are a strong, influential advocate for our members. We drive the future of the profession to ensure Audiologists continue to deliver the highest standards of contemporary hearing health care and we positively promote Audiology to ensure Audiologists are recognised for their expertise and are valued for their services.
Our team and the office
You will be part of a small team based at the national office in Cremorne, Victoria (a two -minute walk from Richmond train station). Audiology Australia is an equal opportunity employer and provides a flexible and supportive working environment. Employees may therefore request flexible work arrangements to assist them in balancing work and life commitments. Applicants are encouraged to discuss flexible arrangements with their contact person during the recruitment process.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced and motivated conference manager/ senior conference co-ordinator ready to take the next step in their career and join the Audiology Australia team. We are a lean and agile team and looking for an organised project manager ready to get their hands dirty.
As the Conference Manager, you will be required to oversee and manage the delivery and implementation of Audiology Australia's flagship national conferences and chapter conferences. This is a hands-on role in end- to-end conference management with some administrative support provided by a part-time events co-ordinator.
You will be required to travel to administer events in other Australian states and territories and the role involves some out of regular office hours work.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- 5+ years' experience in end-to-end conference co-ordination/management
- Experience and/or understanding of membership-based organisations
- Ability to plan daily workloads and prioritise schedules and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills
- Genuine desire to provide a memorable and positive experience for all stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience developing conference related operational manuals, templates and timelines
- Strong project management skills with ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Advanced Microsoft Office application and database skills in particular, event management software and CRM experience. (preferably Events Air)
- Knowledge and experience with speaker and abstract management software and experience with complex scientific or academic programs.
- Experience with website content management tools (WordPress or similar) and conference apps
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to delegate and manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a team environment and work cooperatively with key stakeholders
- Experience working in a conference management role, preferably within a Member Association or Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) environment
To learn more about Audiology Australia, visit our website www.audiology.asn.au. For more information on this position, please contact the Communications and Education Manager, Savio D'sa on (03) 9877 2727
Your application should include:
- cover letter (please include your base salary expectations NOT including super);
- resume, and;
- a brief description addressing each of the key selection criteria
You may apply through SEEK or email Savio D'sa, Communications and Education Manager at email@example.com