TYPE: Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 31/01/2019
PSA is seeking to appoint a full time Public Affairs Officer to work with the Policy & Advocacy team in Canberra, ACT. This is a newly created position that will work in the Press Office and will report to the Manager, Advocacy. The role will actively support the effective and efficient delivery of external communications and media engagement on behalf of PSA.
To be considered for the role you must be able to address the following selection criteria:-
- A tertiary qualification in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism or a related field;
- Experience in a Communications or Media role;
- A knowledge of the media, how it works and its requirements;
- High level and professional communication skills both written and verbal with the capacity to deal with a variety of stakeholders and clients;
- A knowledge of modern communication channels;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to work to strict deadlines and set priorities;
- After-hours work may be required at times involving media engagement;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please see the position description for more detail.
This role will be advertised both internally and externally at the same time.
Should you be interested and qualified for this role, please submit your application via email@example.com. Your application should consist of a cover letter, current CV and short responses to the selection criteria listed above.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 31 January, 2019.