The Industry Sector Conference Manager will be primarily responsible for developing and delivering the Institute's new Events, Conferences and Forums. In this position you get the opportunity to work with some of Australia's leading executives, suppliers and public servants in an exciting and fast paced environment leading the public infrastructure sector .
- The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- The Position is full time and requires a self starter who is confident at sales and building relationships
- Conduct phone based research of sectors to understand their challenges and market needs
- Use research outcomes to put together high quality 1 and 2 day conferences
- Use your influence and relationships to secure speakers, sponsors and facilitators
- Be proactive in marketing the conferences to delegates and media
- Maintain industry relevant Sponsorship, Speaker and Delegate databases
- Be proactive in the development and maintenance of sponsorship relationships
- Identify new opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will love researching industries in order to put together informative and relevant conferences and working closely with people and embrace the opportunities to engage and interact with professionals in the field, as well as speakers, VIP's and sponsors, all of various professions.
You will also be customer focused and have the ability to clearly communicate value propositions and enjoy the focus on new business development within a short sales cycle.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a Business related subject
- Self-starting and confident individual with a proactive attitude
- Ability to build rapport instantly
- Confident and efficient telephone manner with the ability to connect to others at all levels of an Organisation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation ability
- Great attention to detail
- Motivated by challenging goals and targets with a desire to exceed expectations
- Extremely organised and process orientated
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity and drive to succeed
- Minimum 12 months experience as a conference producer and in event and or sponsor sales is essential
- Strong planning skills and the ability to adjust quickly to changes
- A sound understanding of not for profit and membership associations
- Social networking skills or the ability to develop them
- The right to live and work in Australia
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Membership and sponsorship marketing experience
- Full Australian Driving License
About the Rewards
- Convenient, CBD office location
- Being a valued member of a dynamic team
- Making a real contribution to the Institute's Members.
- Opportunity for your own professional development on an on-going basis
- New experiences in conferences and exhibitions
About IPWEA NSW
IPWEA (NSW) is a professional organisation providing member services and advocacy for those involved in and delivering public works and engineering services to the community.
IPWEA (NSW) conducts a range of activities in support of its members' and industry stakeholders' professional development; facilitation of their peer networks and engages in advocacy on their behalf on a range of issues. IPWEA (NSW) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as well as a registered charity.
The organisation provides plenty of room to grow your career with uncapped support and guidance to reach your full potential. This is a great position to grow your career and take it to the next level influencing a crucial industry, lead policy debate and engage with media.
This full-time role is due to start ASAP on a permanent basis.
Please email your CV and cover letter in word documents addressing the following points:
- An example of how you have successfully built rapport instantly
- An example of how you have applied your analytical thinking to a research or problem solving project
- An example of a previous conference you have produced
Only applications that follow the outlined application process will be considered.