- Plenty of autonomy to make your role your own
- Work within a diverse, collegial and supportive team environment
- A varied role that adds value to the wider organisation and its members
The Building Officials Institute of New Zealand (BOINZ) is a non-profit registered charitable organisation, representing Building Surveyors (including building control officials, property inspectors and specialist building inspectors) in New Zealand since 1967. The Institute represents over 1,200 individual members engaged in building controls in both the public and private sectors.
BOINZ offers support for its members in the form of member services and benefits, which in turn deliver benefits to the community in the form of safer buildings.
BOINZ hold a number of annual conferences and events and has also established its Training Academy to deliver training to its building surveyor members and other industry stakeholders such as Licenced Building Practitioners. They are now seeking a new Marketing and Events Manager to join their team in the national office based in Wellington.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for leading the planning and execution for two major annual conferences run by the Institute and managing the marketing and communication activities that engage and add value for members and stakeholders, which includes:
- Handling all aspects of the events and conferences including the coordination of sponsorships and logistics such as equipment, catering, venues, travel, accommodation and exhibitors
- Developing and implementing an annual events and marketing/communication plan with the Chief Executive
- Preparing and drafting budgets for approval
- Managing online conference registration
- Designing and drafting any marketing, communication or promotional materials
- Social media and website management to ensure information is updated, relevant and correct
- Coordinating all aspects of the quarterly publication of Straight-Up quarterly Magazine including editorial, design, production control and advertising revenue
- Liaising with a various range of stakeholders including members, suppliers, sponsors, premier partners, exhibitors and guest speakers
- Supporting the wider national office team and assisting with general administration as required
BOINZ’s national office is managed by the Chief Executive and a team of seven. This is a permanent full time positon based in Wellington and there will be some travel required.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have exceptional organisational skills, a deep understanding of event marketing strategy and operations, and proven experience executing high quality events. You are passionate about creating an unforgettable customer experience. Strong interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work across the wider business are essential.
- Proven experience working in a Marketing or Event role or similar
- Tertiary Qualification or Certificate in Marketing, Communication or Event Management (desirable)
- Good business and financial acumen
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and ideally InDesign
- A positive, warm and friendly manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and deadline driven
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities
- Strong organisational skills with a heightened attention to detail and accuracy
- An intuitive, adaptive, innovative and creative mind-set
- Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 6th March 2019
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069