- Be Part of a Not-For-Profit Organisation Making a Real Difference
- Rewarding Position
- Perm PT with Flexible Hours
- Attractive Salary Packaging
PBF Australia is a national not-for-profit organisation that is seeking an experienced, dynamic and well organised professional administrator to join our small team based in Eight Mile Plains QLD.
With a respected history in the NFP sector and now celebrating our 35th year, PBF Australia (Paraplegic Benefit Fund) aims to reduce the impact and incidence of spinal cord injuries in Australia. Today, PBF has a strong membership base, delivers award winning injury prevention programs and offers employment to those living with a spinal cord injury.
If you are looking for the next challenge in your administration career, then this position will deliver. With offices in WA and QLD, and Injury Prevention programs delivered nationally this position is the communication and logistical ‘hub’ for the East Coast and you will need a friendly disposition and the ability to multi-task. You will be a self-starter with an eye for detail and will also need to be a real team player and a great organiser. We provide a welcoming and professional environment that encourages the best from everyone. This position is a key support to the team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Eastern States Manager, the Program Support Officer -will provide administrative and logistical support services to the QLD office team that are essential to PBF’s day to day operations, including specific injury prevention program related tasks; -, social media & website management and business development activity coordination.
The Program Support Officer plays an important role in coordinating the day to day administration of the QLD office including the provision of logistical support and assistance to our casual presenter team and key stakeholders and program partners.
Through building and sustaining relationships and networks with key stakeholders, it is expected this position will promote the objectives of PBF while exhibiting the key values of compassion and support for the paraplegic and quadriplegic community.
The key competencies required to perform the role successfully include:
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, excellent telephone manner, well-developed written skills with a high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and deadlines and maintain and improve administrative systems and processes;
- Demonstrated ability to manage diary appointments (internal & external), travel management and all related logistical tasks;
- Ability to perform administrative duties, organise and prioritise in a busy environment with multiple and conflicting demands with capacity to balance the need to operate independently or work as part of a team, as tasks require;
- Team building − Ability to provide reliable administrative support to all team members and maintain a positive team spirit;
- Receive and action correspondence, requests and enquiries efficiently;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and positively promote PBF Australia via social media platforms and support the creation and distribution of newsletters and articles;
- A genuine interest in positively promoting PBF’s mission with compassion and empathy for those living with spinal cord injury.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2yrs+ experience in a program support / admin coordinator role
- Previous experience with a volunteer or not for profit organisation
- A high level of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and Internet.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and high-level communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple tasks & competing priorities
- Exceptional commitment to customer service and being first point of contact for all queries.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Interpersonal − Well-rounded inter-personal skill set with capacity to build strong team relationships, work effectively in a team environment and initiate process improvements where required
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, efficient in the implementation of administrative duties
- Team player: ability to work effectively as a member of a passionate, dedicated and hardworking team
- Current drivers’ licence.
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance or ability to obtain.
- National Police Clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and passionate individual to join our QLD based team and provide support in the growth of this highly regarded national organisation.
PBF Australia is a registered charity and is able to offer attractive salary packaging options.
Like to know more?
For a copy of the job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org For a confidential discussion, please contact Deanna Romain, Eastern States Manager on 07 3423 3966. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply
To apply, please click here. Your application should include a comprehensive resume/curriculum vitae, including your major achievements in recent years; and a brief covering letter that outlines why you believe you have the experience and skills to undertake the role.