- Varied and interesting role
- Supportive team environment
- Based in Fyshwick
The Housing Industry Association is Australia's peak residential building industry body. We are currently seeking an Sponsorship & Event Coordinator to join our ACT/Southern NSW team. This is full time, permanent role.
As the Sponsorship & Event Coordinator, your primary role will be to coordinate and assist in the delivery of a wide range of housing related events throughout the ACT/Southern NSW region including the prestigious regional Housing Awards, building and business information nights, manufacturer and supplier events and other HIA events. This role reports to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- ensure all events run smoothly and to budget, whilst meeting the expectations of HIA's members and partners
- handle promotion for scheduled events, including developing strategies to increase entry and guest participation
- manage member enquiries for upcoming events
- develop new programs whilst using your ability to think outside the square
- source suitable venues and suppliers, and negotiating rates to ensure events meet and exceed budget
- assist in delivering partner benefits
- liaise with key event stakeholders
- registration of event attendees
- event administration
To be successful, you will require:
- well-developed communication and administration skills
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- the ability to liaise with senior level sponsors
- experience handling conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- the ability to recognise new opportunities, and experience in developing and enhancing existing programs
Ideally you will have recent experience in a similar role.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of our website, hia.com.au
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 15 April 2019 by clicking on this link to apply.