Girl Guides NSW and ACT
Established and future focused
Girl Guides NSW ACT is part of the 20 million member World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts and has been providing A Place to Grow for girls and women and their communities for 100 years. With new projects and a strong future vision, now is the time to join the Membership team and make your contribution.
In this 2 year contract role you will lead and deliver innovative and traditional ways for all girls from new and diverse communities to participate in Girl Guides as well as provide opportunities for women to volunteer in leadership and support roles.
With a Community Engagement approach working closely with the Project Committee (Volunteer Leaders) and the Membership Manager, you will be responsible for building the profile and membership of Girl Guides in school and community settings in the North West Sydney Region (Penrith being the geographic center).
What you will bring..
- A passion for making a difference
- Tertiary qualifications in community development, project coordination or volunteer engagement and/or experience in a relevant role.
- Ability to build relationships with community representatives and proven stakeholder management experience
- Strong communications skills including speaking to groups
- Ability to review and further develop project resources such as presentations and information kits
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Self drive and ability to work autonomously and contribute to a team
- Ideally some experience working with volunteers
- Exposure to or interest in the not for profit sector
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Current drivers licence and positive driving record
What we bring..
- An awesome professional and skilled team
- Great resources and head office support
- Flexibility and opportunity to work from home
- Experience in a not for profit, volunteer led and member based organisation
How to apply
Please send your resume (4 page max) and a cover letter (2 page max) outlining your experience and how you fit the role to Jimena Pintos-Lopez on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions contact Jimena at Girl Guides NSW ACT on 02 8396 5200.
Closing date 5pm Monday 3rd June, however we may start interviews prior to this so we encourage early applications.