The Australian Institute of Architects is a peak membership body representing over 11,000 architects across Australia. Steeped in history, we’ve been supporting the careers of Architects and the industry since 1930 and are committed to driving change and innovation. We’re driven by our strong values while offering an innovative, collaborative and flexible environment. With a new dynamic CEO and senior leadership team, this is an exciting period of change and growth for the organisation.
Who we're looking for
You’ll have completed tertiary qualifications relevant to business management and possess significant demonstrable leadership experience leading and managing a diverse team. Ideally, you’ll have experience working in a peak professional association where you can demonstrate previous success in membership engagement.
You’ll provide the contemporary thinking and leadership that will deliver on all aspects of our strategic vision, while also continuously developing our member services portfolio across the State. On a broader level, you’ll play a key role in influencing positive change and innovation across the sector, as well as building strong relationships with government to demonstrate your advocacy and policy expertise, utilising your outstanding communication and media skills.
You embrace collaboration, accountability and innovation, with the confidence and professionalism to quickly build credibility and working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
A strong financial and commercial mindset will allow you to identify and explore new opportunities for growth and collaboration with our partners to ensure the Institute delivers services to members that are practical, relevant and responsive while ensuring profitability and financial success.
- Build and implement strategies to drive membership growth, with a focus on both new and renewing memberships through delivery of innovative engagement initiatives.
- Facilitate and work closely with the Chapter President, Council, Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups as well as developing the State Strategic and Operational Plan.
- Develop member recruitment and retention strategies and deliver a relevant member services program.
- Coordinate relationships with and representations to government bodies, professional associations and industry organisations.
- Coordinate the corporate partner and sponsor program and industry relations within the State.
- Effectively manage staff to achieve goals while role modelling positive behaviours that reflect the Institute’s values, ensuring all team members have a high level of awareness of the organisation’s People & Culture policy, adhering to the Institute’s internal systems and specific processes.
- Prepare budgets and manage and monitor the performance of the approved budgets.
- Manage the premises and assets of the Institute across Queensland
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that you'd like to throw your hat in the ring for please apply through Seek via the following link: https://www.seek.com.au/job/39199638?_ga=2.197453930.43016304.1559861511-699058090.1542168818