Are you passionate about the Architectural profession & experienced at implementing advocacy and policy initiatives designed to achieve organisational strategic objectives?
Do you have leadership experience & enjoy being part of a small but dynamic team?
Do you thrive on developing relationships with key stakeholders?
The Australian Institute of Architects are seeking a suitably experienced policy and advocacy professional who is passionate about architects and architecture and is motivated by the opportunity to promote the profession and the value it brings to the community to join our team.
The Australian Institute of Architects is a peak professional and national membership-based organisation representing over 11,000 architects across Australia. It exists to enhance the cultural, environmental and economic well-being of the community by:
- · Advancing contemporary practice and the professional capability of members
- · Advocating the value of architecture and architects
Through its State and Territory Chapters, the Institute offers a wide range of high quality, member-focused services, programs, education and advocacy to support architects to remain at the cutting edge of their profession and to promote the value of architecture more broadly.
Reporting to the General Manager – Membership Services and working with the Chapter President and Chapter Council the Policy and Advocacy Manager will work to deliver a high profile and complex policy and advocacy portfolio, ensuring the Institute WA Chapter is positioned as a thought leader and strong voice for the profession.
The role is a part-time position and is based in Perth.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop strategies for the State in line with the organisational strategy to drive member engagement and relevance of services provided to Institute members.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the State team ensuring that high levels of performance and a positive and safe culture is maintained.
- Develop member recruitment and retention strategies aligned with National strategies and deliver a relevant local member services program.
- Lead and coordinate relationships with and representations to government bodies, professional associations and industry organisations.
- Develop, maintain and oversee a close working relationship with the State-based Schools of Architecture.
- Lead the corporate partner and sponsor program and industry relations within the State.
- Work with National Advocacy and Research teams to develop national and state policies.
- Proactively manage chapter social media output and prepare regular media content addressing topical issues affecting the profession in a proactive.
- Prepare and monitor budgets required to meet advocacy outcomes.
- Reporting relevant reports to key stakeholders and proactively make recommendations based on analysis of trends and share knowledge.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for the architectural profession and the value it brings to the community coupled with solid experience developing and implementing strategic policy and advocating to government bodies, professional associations and industry organisations in a clear and concise manner.
You will have strong written and oral communications skills, well-developed negotiation, liaison and interpersonal skills, a collaborative relationship management approach and a positive and proactive working style.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the area of responsibility and should be addressed to Michael Linke – General Manager, Membership Services.
For a full position description please head to the Institute’s website via http://www.architecture.com.au/about-us/positions-vacant