The Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) is the peak body supporting Victoria’s public health services to deliver high-quality care. Established in 1938, the VHA represents the $19.4b Victorian public healthcare sector including public hospitals and community health services.
The VHA provides exceptional access, influence and scope for a unified advocacy and policy development voice to State and Commonwealth governments and other key stakeholders. In addition, the VHA supports its members with the implementation of major system reform and strategic business support and provides networking opportunities through topical and informative events on vital issues.
In 2010, the VHA established the Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance to support Australia’s health and community sector to improve their clinical and corporate governance.
The Victorian Healthcare Association is looking for a proactive and experienced strategic Event Coordinator to join the Conference and Events team based in its Melbourne CBD office. The focus of this role is to coordinate events based in Melbourne, as well as interstate, and provide event support to the Events team. The events coordinator will support the Director of Member Services and Strategic Partnerships to plan, implement and deliver all programmed events.
To be successful in this role, you must be an experienced Event Coordinator with proven success in managing multiple events, a busy schedule and a high volume of multiple stakeholders. You must excel at juggling priorities and time management, working toward strict deadlines as be able to work under pressure without losing attention to detail or quality of work.
Your customer service skills must be exemplary. You will bring a passion for event management, energy, enthusiasm for service delivery to the role as well as enjoy problem-solving. You must be a team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and disciplines.
Purpose, vision and values
Vision: a Victorian healthcare system that meets the evolving needs of today and the future.
Purpose: to be the voice of the healthcare sector, to build the capacity of our members and to catalyse system’s s transformation to the ultimate benefit of all Victorians.
Our purpose and vision are lived through our values:
Do what we say we will - We deliver and do what we say we will.
Courage - We have courage to innovate and advocate.
Respect - We have respect in our dealings with all persons and organisations.
Have impact - We have impact and provide outcomes-based services to our members.
Stronger together - We collaborate closely because we are stronger together.
Reports to: Director Member Services and Strategic Partnerships
Internal: Member Services, Communications, Policy, Finance
External: VHA members, Suppliers, VHA Corporate Partners
- Deliver the VHA events program for members, including but not limited to conferences, forums, workshops, webinars, training and roadshows.
- Coordinate all aspects of the events from event planning, implementation, to post implementation review.
- Coordinate budget and vendor management.
- Coordinate all aspects of our in house meeting facilities (service to members).
- Administration of other member service activities.
- Liaise with corporate partners, members and external stakeholders.
- Fulfil events and training calendar inline with member and stakeholder expectations.
- You will be extremely organised, have strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to maintaining effective stakeholder relationships.
- Your excellent facilitation skills, ability to prioritise competing deadlines and deliver projects on time and according to briefs will see you succeed in this role.
- Enhance member value through the provision of high quality member events, that align to sector needs and interests and, in consultation with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective positive relationships within the VHA and externally.
- Contribute proactively to operational and strategic relationships, planning and initiatives within the VHA.
Workplace health and safety
- Visibly demonstrate work health and safety personal commitment to working with all VHA stakeholders in achieving a zero harm workplace by complying with the VHA’s WHS policy, WHS plans and procedures relevant to your working environment.
- Actively promote and foster constructive behaviours to enhance the VHA’s organisational safety culture by reporting hazards, incidents, injuries and near misses to a manager without delay.
- Cooperate with the VHA in respect to any action taken by the VHA to comply with legislative requirements.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace.
Key selection criteria
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience coordinating events in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Be a meticulous operator with exceptional attention to detail, excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Have a proven track record in managing multiple events/projects with competing deadlines (within budget, scope and deadlines).
- Be a team player who works collaboratively as part of a collegiate team.
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Show resilience and a willingness to learn /understand key aspects of the Victorian Health system.
- Have experience managing multiple internal and external customers – e.g. exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, visitors, suppliers and venues.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, sense of humour and strong work ethic.
- Excellent planning, organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Manage effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication styles depending upon the audience.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A current Victorian driving licence.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dedication to the VHA’s vision and values.
- Proven ability to establish trust, rapport and confidence with a range of stakeholders.
- Flexible, accountable and committed.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to seize opportunities and demonstrate strong execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team, to collaborate and demonstrate respect.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the Victorian public health sector and/ or membership services organization.
- Related qualification in event management, marketing or project coordination.
- Understanding or experience working with CRM and event management system.
- A demonstrated understanding of the health or community sector and its overall purpose in supporting health and community services, will be highly regarded.
Expectation of behaviour
All staff play a key role in shaping and influencing workplace culture. This requires a consistent approach and a commitment to the following:
- Treat everybody with respect and dignity and value people for who they are and their unique contribution, irrespective of role or level in the organisation.
- Accept that I have a key role in representing the VHA and for positively promoting the organisation in any external environment.
- Be clear and open about decision-making processes, wherever possible providing opportunities for others to be involved in decisions that affect their work. Give new ideas from others a fair hearing and proper consideration. Promote and role model an open, inclusive and collaborative approach.
- Take a proactive approach to workplace health, safety and staff wellbeing.
- Participate in staff learning and development and recognize the value of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Actively encourage feedback from others about how I am going as a team member.
- Role model positive behaviours at all times and ensure that I choose my attitude when I come to work.
- Always behave ethically and with integrity.
- Be engaged and bring joy to work.
For more information about the position please email email@example.com.
If you wish to apply please do so by emailing your CV and cover letter addressing key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.