- $90k - $110k incl super
About the client
The Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) is an independent, Not-for-Profit think tank supported by individual members and donations. They are dedicated to preserving and strengthening the foundations of economic and political freedom in Australia.
Since 1943, the IPA has been at the forefront of the political and policy debate. The IPA supports the free market of ideas supported by their members. Their specific research areas include climate change, economics, criminal justice, legal rights, freedom of speech, innovation and entrepreneurship, energy and resources.
With support from individual members, the IPA publishes a wide variety of research papers and supporting opinion pieces. It also hosts conferences and lectures across the country for members and non-members.
About the role
Due to organisational growth, the IPA are recruiting a new position; Membership & Marketing Manager. This role will manage a team of 2 whilst driving the membership in three key areas: Strategy & Planning, Marketing & Communications, and Membership Services & Engagement.
The successful person will need to be proactive and enjoy working collaboratively to plan, manage, implement, oversee and report on membership activities and marketing.
About the person
The ideal candidate will have a passion and keen interest in the topics IPA support. You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to get involved, roll up your sleeves and be proactive in executing the membership and marketing strategies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and drive the membership strategy
- Ensure membership is aligned with the fundraising and philanthropic strategy
- Review and continually improve the membership offerings
Marketing & Communications
- Develop, create and update a schedule of membership marketing activities
- Drive member incentives and promotions
- Manage communications and value propositions for the IPA’s different membership segments
Membership Services & Engagement
- Oversee and continually improve renewal systems and communications
- Personally, engage with members and prospective members to collect information to enhance the member offering
- Ensure membership benefits are delivered to build member engagement and satisfaction
To be successful you will have:
- A strategic and collaborative approach with the ability to drive and grow new members
- Ability to create and execute a membership strategy and marketing plan
- Interest/experience within not-for-profit / membership /marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a fun, professional team who have a genuine passion for what they do. APPLY now by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, call Emma and Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information. Applications close 1 October 2019.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.