The Australasian Promotional Products Association (APPA) is the only professional trade association specifically for the promotional products and promotional marketing industry in the Australasian region.
Located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, this role reports to the CEO and is an integral part of a small and dynamic team.
This hands on role is responsible for:
- Developing and managing Australian and New Zealand promotional product industry tradeshows (with up to 100 exhibitors) profitably and with high exhibitor and registrant satisfaction.
- Managing event vendor relationships.
- Manage other events which include but are not limited to webinars, networking functions, formal dinners, factory tours and business luncheons.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve internal processes and efficiencies which create cost savings and revenue generation opportunities.
- With marketing team proactively develop and execute marketing plans and strategies to drive growth of all events and education programs.
- With CEO take ownership of all APPA Strategic Plan outcomes and associated initiatives related to Events and Education.
- Report on the effectiveness, profitability, usage and exhibitor and delegate satisfaction of APPA events.
The following items are required for this person to competently discharge their role within the organisation:
- Event management experience and expertise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate, network and build relationships at all levels with confidence.
- Ability to deliver service excellence at all levels to ensure needs are being met.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
- Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability for own work and able to exercise discretion and initiative in the organisation of work.
- Well-developed/excellent communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure & as required to work flexible hours.
For more information or to request a copy of the position description email firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?