Parent Help’s mission is to help parents build resilient and positive whanau through our free parenting Helpline and affordable parenting courses and counselling services.
For more information visit www.parenthelp.org.nz
The Board will support the work of Parent Help and provide mission- based leadership and strategic governance. Specific Board member responsibilities include
Leadership, governance and oversight:
- A professional, governance role exercising care, diligence and skill
- Ensuring the overall purpose and objectives of Parent Help are set and met
- Defining clear strategic priorities
- Responsibility for approving annual budgets, audit reports and being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary requirements
- Employing the Executive Director and setting performance targets, monitoring procedures and ensuring appropriate systems are in place.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Parent Help’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have a background in business, law, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Parent Help’s stakeholders, preferably based on experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of New Zealand families/whanau
- The skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
Service on Parent Help’s Board is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
For more information please contact Dale Powles, Executive Director, 027 577 6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org