Three roles, one in each state!
The Australian Property Institute (API) represents the interests of property professionals who undertake the full range of property valuations, plant and machinery valuers, property analysts and investment advisers, property fund and asset managers, property and facility managers, property lawyers, property researchers and academics.
The API’s primary role is to set and maintain the highest standards of professional practice, education, ethics and professional conduct for its members and the broader property profession. The API is committed to building and maintaining a strong base for the future of the property profession through broadening the expertise and knowledge of its members.
This dynamic, member facing role calls for excellent communication and customer service skills, together with a strong attention to detail and a mindset of continuous improvement.
You will be a self-starter, who is confident, driven and a genuine team player. Whilst the position will be located in a capital city, the position requires a national mindset to work to national professional development and membership goals.
Member Services Managers are part of the Member Services Team and will exemplify the recognised values and behaviours of the API.
This role is a full time position with some interstate travel required, as approved by the CEO or GM Professional Development and Membership.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude for customer service-oriented work with the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Business development with a view to build constructive and long-term relationships
- Demonstrated capability to provide customer centric membership services to a diverse member base
- Well-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills including the ability to copywrite and direct communication to members and stakeholders
- A positive attitude with the ability to work within a team to support team goals and also work autonomously, with an ability to meet deadlines and display initiative as well as organise and prioritise work.
- Demonstrated expertise representing organisations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide secretariat services and administrative support to Boards and Committees, Discussion Groups and other specific working groups including preparing agendas and circulating minutes.
- Good process management and problem-solving skills with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- End-to-end event management skills including managing event budgets.
- Proficient computer skills with experience using a computerised membership system.
- An understanding of and the ability to apply WHS and EEO principles.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum five year’s administration experience.
- Tertiary qualification in a Communications, Business Management or Business Development related discipline.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a membership/not-for-profit organisation is desirable.
The Member Services Manager reports to the Head of Member Services, and is part of the Professional Development and Membership team of the API.
This position has no direct reports.
Key areas of Accountability
- Provide excellent customer service as the primary point of contact for membership enquiries and leads in your locality
- Support members through the member life cycle including account administration, payments, onboarding and member benefits
- Coordinate and deliver events and member engagement activities
- Manage events to approved budgets and outcomes
- Promote the Association and the benefits of membership to potential members and the public and identifying opportunities for member growth
- Work closely with the API Communication and Marketing team to write copy for event listings and promotional newsletters specific to your State or Territory
- Maintain an accurate and robust member database and generating membership reports and analytics for management as required
- Report internally local issues including changes to state/territory legislation
- Provide administrative support to State Committee Chairs, State Committees, YPP Committees and other Member groups as required.
- Identify sponsorship and corporate partnership opportunities and work with internal stakeholders to ensure these opportunities are explored in a coordinated manner.
- Coordinate requests for Chair Nominations (a service provided by the API).
- Represent the API as required