The Master Landscapers of SA (MLSA) is the peak association representing the Landscaping Industry in Adelaide and regional South Australia.
MLSA is dedicated to promoting professionalism and quality practices throughout the industry.
We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer with association experience who can continue to develop the short and long term objectives of the MLSA throughout the course of their contract.
With particular strengths in strategic development, sales, marketing and events, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership of the association.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaison with sponsors, members, affiliated associations, and government organisations
- Development of a 5 year strategic plan in consultation with the board and external consultant(s) and ensuring its alignment with existing short- and long-term goals
- Development and implementation of marketing strategy
- Leading and motivating staff to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing team
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
Key attributes required for this position:
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to form and develop professional relationships
- Public speaking and presentation
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Time management and organisation skills
- Skills and experience in managing and coordinating staff and consultants
- Aptitude in creating positive and productive workplace culture
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Patience – keeping calm and professional particularly under stress
- Honest and trustworthy
- Presentable at all times
- Flexible and adaptable
The CEO role is a full-time maternity contract with working hours as required. Contract duration and salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications and experience. Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required, however, fuel will be provided for use through the working week. Annual and personal leave are accrued on a pro rata basis.
If you meet the above criteria and are available to start soon, we would love to hear from you. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates to submit their resume and a brief cover letter.
Applications can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 29 February 2020.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interviews.