Reports to: Director Membership
Business Unit: Membership
Location: Sydney, NSW
Work type: Full-time
Duration: Permanent on-going
CEDA – the Committee for Economic Development of Australia – is an independent, not-for-profit member-based think tank that works to champion ideas, research and policy reform. We do this by identifying policy issues that matter for Australia’s future and pursuing solutions to positively shape economic and social development in Australia.
CEDA's membership spans every state and territory and includes Australia's leading businesses, community organisations, government departments and academic institutions. The organisation was founded in 1960 by leading economist Sir Douglas Copland, and his legacy of applying economic analysis to practical problems to aid the development of Australia continues as we celebrate 60 years of influence, reform and impact across the nation.
CEDA is a national organisation with offices in every state. We offer flexible working conditions, a strong commitment to training and development and an additional week of leave at year end.
CEDA is seeking an experienced membership professional based in Sydney to join our membership team as 2IC to the Director Membership.
The Associate Director Membership will contribute to the strategic development of member engagement, retention and recruitment strategies and implementation of best practice across the Membership Team. The role provides strategic advice and support to the Director Membership.
As the 2IC to the Director Membership, the Associate Director Membership will mentor and provide high level coordination for a national team of Membership Managers to ensure member engagement, retention and recruitment activities are delivered to a high standard and revenue targets are met.
The role is responsible for strategic engagement with our influential and high-impact organisations and for developing a membership growth strategy aligned to CEDA’s purpose. The successful candidate will use their extensive relationship development skills to build relationships with local Trustees, acting as a liaison between members and the wider organisation and actively identifying and communicating members’ interests and expertise across CEDA’s policy, partnership and programming areas. The Associate Director Membership will be expected to represent CEDA at public face to face events, roundtables, digital forums and other functions.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively to achieve agreed outcomes and demonstrate a confident, pro-active, solutions focused approach to delivering exceptional member service, member value proposition and positive business outcomes. A strong alignment to CEDA values combined with a passion for CEDA's policy and research is critical.
CEDA’s priorities for Australia’s future economic development are outlined in Connecting People with Progress. CEDA’s approach to pursuing its policy priorities is in line with its organisational values –
- We are open, honest and trusted
- We are curious about ideas and opportunities
- We succeed together
- We are brave in our approach and ambitions
- We are passionate about working with our members for the greater good
The Associate Director Membership will report to the Director Membership and work closely and cooperatively with the Programming, Partnerships & Collaborations and Research Teams. In addition, the role will also have shared accountability for leading a small team of membership & event coordinators to enable the delivery of membership administration activities.
The Associate Director Membership will be responsible for:
- Strategic engagement with our high-impact, influential members (account management) including primary relationship with key stakeholders to gain insight into the organisation and how they can best engage with CEDA to maximise member value proposition
- Strategic development and activation of membership engagement and retention strategy
- Building and maintaining relationships with local representatives of member organisations
- Primary responsibility for development of membership growth strategy and active identification and recruitment of new members
- Working collaboratively with the Programming Team to identify members interested in sponsorship of CEDA’s program
- Working collaboratively with internal teams to develop new product offerings that increase revenue opportunities, maximise member value proposition and deliver innovative solutions to better serve members and attract new members
- Represent CEDA at face to face events, digital forums and member roundtables
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications, i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, International Business, Marketing, Communications or similar (desirable)
- 8+ years’ experience in membership, business development, professional services, sales/marketing/communications, or related field (essential)
- Exceptional ability to build high level relationships with senior executives, key influencers and stakeholders, and work collaboratively with all sectors including government, business, academia and NFP
- Extensive experience in delivering strategic membership value proposition utilising attraction, retention, engagement and conversion strategies to deliver membership revenue
- Keen interest and understanding of current and emerging public policy issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including confident presentation abilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and influence decision makers
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and openness to change
- Strategic and creative thinker with ability to operationalise strategic objectives;
- Results driven with ability to manage time constraints and conflicting priorities;
- Strong attention to detail and methodical work approach;
- Flexibility to work autonomously and in a team environment; and
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of management.
How to apply:
Does this sound like you? Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (with Associate Director Membership in the subject heading). The cover letter must be addressed to Mel Nelson, Director Membership, and detail how your skills and experience align with this position. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Closing date for all applications will be on Monday 27 July 2020.
Please be reminded that all personal information collected during the selection process will only be used for recruitment and employment purposes.