- 4 or 5 days a week - your choice
- Great team environment
- Easy access to parking/ public transport/ cafes
We are looking for a Policy Officer to join the Policy team and help APA members define public policy barriers to the provision of sustainably safe, high quality physiotherapy; help members construct viable alternatives and help members develop strategies to promote these alternatives to critical stakeholders.
The Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) is the peak body representing the interests of over 26,000 physiotherapists in Australia. It does so by advocating for access to quality physiotherapy services, providing leadership in the wider health landscape, creating lifelong information and learning opportunities for members, and promoting the value of physiotherapy to the community.
The APA is proud to have a great working culture and it is under pinned by our values:
- Community minded
About the role
- Work closely with the State Branches to articulate state-based policy with APA national policy
- facilitate member development and documentation of options for structural and systemic change that can be championed by the APA
- support of members as they participate in consultations on public policy issues, including the (co)design and re-design of funding programs that support the provision of physiotherapy
- support members in articulating the value of physiotherapy
- understand the engagement of the APA and our members with Local, State, and Federal Government agencies
- support physiotherapists who are participating in reviews and inquiries likely to have a substantive impact on the APA’s strategy
- provide secretariat support for APA committees, working parties and meetings in the health policy
- collaborate with staff in teams across the APA to ensure the organisational strategy and tactics being used to pursue policy goals align with those occurring in professional education, communications and marketing .
- Ability to travel interstate from to time to time.
- the ability to work with professionals on structural and systemic issues that affect their ability to deliver high quality services
- sound knowledge of the Australian health sector.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experienced in preparing briefs and background analyses
- sound skills and experience in rapidly appraising large volumes of information and deriving critical issues from it
- strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated confidence in presenting indicative solutions to panels of peers
- experience in working independently on substantive problems and collaborating in a team-oriented environment
- the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- experience in a policy-related position
if you are interested in working in a great supportive team and you have what we are looking for please send your CV and cover letter, outlining your experience and skills as they relate to this role by using the apply button below.
A full position description is available at www.australian.physio in the section: about us /work with us
The APA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must have full Australian Working Rights.
Only those successful in the selection process will be contacted
To apply, click here.