Why do some non-profit and association leaders succeed in changing the world, while others struggle to point to their impact? What links the eradication of smallpox, the housing of 100,000 chronically homeless individuals, or the remarkable reduction of the incidence of malaria?
Successful leaders share a laser-like focus on their goals. They deliberately identify and target their efforts in their sweet spot — the intersection between what they’re good at, what the world needs, and what works. Yet most leaders lack focus. The number of nonprofit and associations globally is growing at an incredible pace, but as the number of organisations grows, so does the competition for members and funding. As a result, many organisations are chasing resources by tweaking and adding to their core activities. The result is colloquially known as “mission creep”— organisations trying to be everything to everyone. Yet research suggests that the more goals individuals or organisations pursue, the less likely they are to achieve them, leaving leaders overwhelmed, underfunded, and unfulfilled. There is a better way. Learn the secrets of leaders who change the world, and learn how you too can find your focus and increase your impact.
These workshops will take place in Sydney on 23 August and Melbourne on 24 August. Click below to register:
Sydney 23 August
Melbourne 24 August
In this special AuSAE Workshop you will learn the 7 steps to taking control and:
- How and why missions get out of control
- How to test whether you are inadvertently sabotaging your impact potential and what to do about it
- To identify:
- Your unique assets — the skills and capabilities that set your organization apart
- Gaps in your sector that are not being met — and those you can meet
- A shortlist of powerful, spine-tingling goals to galvanize your team
- How to craft a narrative that helps you attract and engage a loyal member base.