Communication in the digital age – is social media the be all and end all? The business world has changed how it communicates, with social media becoming increasingly common. It seems that there is a bright new shiny social media channel or technology every second week. What we need to remember, is that at the heart, nothing should have changed. People still do business with people they know, like and trust. Service excellence and consistency of value are essential to business success. In this workshop Mel will help you understand what is real and what is smoke and mirrors when it comes to effective communication today.
In this one day workshop presented by Mel Kettle in Canberra or Adelaide, you will learn:
- how to be heard by your market and connect with your members so they understand the value of your association
- strategies to communicate effectively with millennials
- how to identify the right social media channels for your association
- why social media is not designed as a sales tool, but is instead intended to build trust and authority
- how to create and leverage content that your members will value
- how to effectively use social media in 30 minutes a day
- how to mitigate your social media risk
- why you need a social media policy and how to write one that works.
Canberra 6 September 2017: 10am - 4pm
Adelaide 13 September 2017: 10am - 4pm