This important contribution to the New Zealand literature on volunteering is a report written by Volunteering New Zealand and the Department of Internal Affairs.
The report contains:
- The current state of volunteering and volunteer-involving organisations
- Issues affecting volunteering in New Zealand
- The decline in volunteer hours
- Other observations about changes to the nature of volunteering
- Issues/barriers for volunteer-involving organisations and volunteers
- Issues/barriers for volunteer-involving organisations
- Issues/barriers for volunteers
- Looking to the future: possibilities for support, and other opportunities
- Proactive responses
- Better support for volunteering
- The need for Government to lead by example
- Improved Research
To download the full report, click here
This article was sourced from Volunteering New Zealand.