How important to your business, are foreign workers?
Let us help you through the process of accreditation
Between now and 2021, Immigration New Zealand are rolling out major changes to visa management processes for Employers. These changes include:
- Changes to the talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa (already in force)
- A new employer accreditation process
- The merging of 6 temporary visa’s into one visa
- New job classifications for high and low paid
- Strengthening the labour market test
- Introducing sector agreements
The most important facet of these changes is the shift away from granting visas to employees who meet the requirements of an advertised position, to granting visas ONLY to employers who meet the requirements of a suitable employer through Immigration NZ’s compulsory accreditation process.
If you ever expect to hire a foreigner, or to renew a visa for an existing employee, then these changes have the potential to severely affect your business.
If you hire migrant workers, the best thing you can do for your business is to keep one step ahead of these changes.
There are 4 key components that your business needs to meet
- Financial position-You must be in sound financial position
- Human resource-You must adopt good human resource practices
- Workplace practices-You must have good workplace practices
- Training and employing New Zealanders -You must be committed to training and employing New Zealanders
Our team has put together a comprehensive guide to everything you require to meet the criteria so please read through our guidelines and call our team for a free consultation.
Link to guide: https://www.hrassured.co.nz/blog/getting-on-board-with-the-new-accreditation-requirements/