The Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE) is calling for nominations from members interested in serving as a Director of the Board.
Following the recent vote of members to change the constitution there are currently 4 positions available. Members are invited to express their interest in appointment to fill these vacancies for a two-year term commencing in May 2018.
The culture of the AuSAE board is one of a working board with a current focus on supporting organisational growth. Our current Strategic Plan can be found here.
The board is seeking candidates with the following technical skills and attributes:
- Leadership – Knowledge and experience in leadership including the management of change and providing leadership as part of a governance team. An understanding of leadership in associations and an appreciation of the board / CEO relationship.
- Corporate governance – knowledge and experience of the governance function.
- Commitment - A demonstrated commitment to AuSAE
- Strategic ability – The ability and experience to understand the needs of members and to envision a range of future actions and opportunities to further the interests of AuSAE and its members.
- Financial management – an understanding of the financial analysis and management necessary to provide appropriate stewardship of AuSAE.
- Risk Management – knowledge and experience in understanding and managing risk.
- Commercial experience – experience in the business activities of associations.
- Knowledge - A sound knowledge of association management issues.
In addition to the above technical skills and attributes, the board are also seeking persons with personal qualities of Integrity, highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, a passion for Associations, Acumen and the willingness to contribute.
The board of AuSAE value and seek diverse leadership as defined by gender, ethnicity, age, role and level of experience and encourage applications from all eligible members.
Appointment to the board will be determined by election from the membership. Please note that the nominee must be a current financial member, in an eligible category of the association on application.
To express an interest for the Board position you will need to provide:
- a completed nomination form, which includes a declaration of eligibility
- a completed candidate statement addressing key questions for circulation to all members.
- A current headshot
All nominations must be received by 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on Monday, 23 April 2018.
Please click through for a copy of the AuSAE Constitution, By-Laws and Governance Manual.
Australasian Society of Association Executives
E firstname.lastname@example.org W www.ausae.org.au
T +61 1300 764 576 F +61 (0) 7 3319 6056
Suite 19, 101 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000 Australia