Voting is now open for the Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE) 2022 Board Election; and will close on Monday, 30 May at 12pm AEST.
As an AuSAE Member, your vote counts in our 2022 Board elections.
You will find the fifteen (15) candidates below with further information about the voting process, which runs from 16 May to 30 May 2022.
- Anita Campbell, CEO Nusery and Garden Industry NSW and ACT
- Craig Young, CEO of TUANZ
- Greg Harford, Chief Executive of Retail New Zealand
- Hilary Beaton, Executive Director of the Public Libraries of New Zealand
- Holly Morchat Stanko, General Manager for the Association of Consulting and Engineering New Zealand
- Jane O’Dwyer, CEO Cooperative Research Australia (CRA)
- Jodie Long, CEO of the Australasian Sonographers Association
- John Winter, CEO of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Kerry L’Anson, General Manager, Member & Community Engagement at Optometry Australia (OA)
- Leigh Catley, General Manager of Communications at Federated Farmers of New Zealand.
- Lindsay McGrath, CEO at Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Australia
- Michelle Bilcavs, CEO of the Association of Consulting Surveyors National
- Osman Mewett, CEO of Australian Seed Federation
- Paul Cargill, Head of Growth and Development at Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Paul Nicolaou, Executive Director of Business Sydney
Members will vote to elect:
The successful candidates will take office following the AuSAE Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday 31 May 2022 and serve on the Board for two years.
They will be part of a seven-member Board comprising the President and six (6) Directors. The Board will appoint one of their members to serve as the Vice President.
What does being a Director involve?
As a Board member, you will help shape AuSAE's future direction. You will bring your knowledge, skills, and experience and provide strategic guidance to ensure the long-term sustainability of the Association. You will be responsible for setting the core activities of AuSAE, reflecting the views of Members and for strong governance, risk, and financial management.
Being a Director provides an opportunity to contribute to the association sector and ensure that AuSAE is an association that you will continue to be proud of.
Skills and attributes
AuSAE seeks Directors with skills, attributes, and experience to support the CEO and lead the Association. These include:
- Corporate governance
- Finance and risk management
- Strategic planning, implementation, and review processes
- Communication and marketing
- Networking and leveraging networks
- Association industry and issues affecting the sector
Ideally, the Board will comprise individuals with these skills and experience.
AuSAE elections are governed by AuSAE By-Laws and an independent election specialist is appointed to manage the voting process.
The following table provides details of the election timeline.
22 April 2022
16 May 2022
30 May 2022, 12pm AEST
Directors take office
31 May 2022, AuSAE Annual General Meeting
Want to know more?
Information about the 2022-2023 Board of Directors can be found on the Board of Directors webpage
To find out more about the election process or the work of the AuSAE Board, please contact the AuSAE Board of Directors