AuSAE is proud to partner with Governance Institute of Australia, the only fully independent professional association with a sole focus on governance excellence.
Through this partnership, members of the AuSAE community can access the discounted Subscriber rate to complete the Effective Director Course, NFP Certificate, and NFP Governance Forums.
Effective Director Course
Tuesday 6 July to Thursday 8 July
Delivered by Governance Institute of Australia
Exploring the role of the company director and the board’s vital contribution towards organisational culture and sustainable governance, this course draws on theory, practice, and the collective knowledge of the participants to simulate the boardroom experience.
- What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board?
- How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
This course is for:
- aspiring or newly appointed directors
- executives seeking director transition pathways
- directors wanting to refine their skills
- those needing to better understand the role and responsibilities of a director.
Dates and details of course modules
Module 1: High Performing Boards — 6 July, 9am to 5pm
Module 2: Director dynamics — 7 July, 9am to 4:30pm,
plus board dinner — 7 July, 5pm to 6:30pm
Module 3: Board meeting simulation — 8 July, 9am to 12pm
Module 4: Acquiring a non-executive director role — 8 July, 12:45pm to 4:45pm
21 CPD hours
FYI the non-member rate for this course is: $4,200 inc GST.