ACCI's Workplace Relations and WH&S team have been hard at work preparing a comprehensive guide for employers on COVID-19 Vaccinations and the Workplace.
This is in direct response to the queries we have been receiving from members around the vaccine rollout and in particular, mandating the vaccine in the workplace.
ACCI's new guide,COVID-19 Vaccinations and the Workplace - Edition 1 sets out how employers can play their part in the vaccine roll out and how to navigate issues related to vaccinations that may arise in the workplace, including the mandating of vaccines.
In particular the Guide covers the following topics in detail:
- Communicating with employees about the COVID-19 vaccine, including tips and tricks and downloadable employer resources;
- Assisting employees to get vaccinated, including guidance around promotions and giveaways as well as details around any potential liabilities employers may be exposed to when encouraging, promoting or mandating the vaccine in the workplace;
- Employment and work health and safety law vaccine workplace considerations, including details around implementing a COVID-19 vaccination policy, general workplace relations issues that may arise in relation to COVID-19 vaccinations, the COVID-19 vaccinations in the workplace and dealing with workplace disputes regarding COVID-19 vaccinations;
- Vaccines and privacy law, including how employers can sight, collect, use and disclose information about an employee vaccination status in line with Privacy Act obligations; and
- Work health and safety, including ongoing obligations and steps employers can take to reduce the risks related to COVID-19 in the workplace.
The COVID-19 Vaccinations and the Workplace Guide is a working document and will be updated, with new editions, as any new information comes to light and any legal determinations are made.
Written and Published by the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.