We are a small but passionate representative organisation of Allied Health Care Professionals, with the vision of advancing quality and access to our members services. Our current Executive Officer will be retiring early next year after 10 years in the role and we are keen to continue to grow the organisation with a new team. We have a diverse number of workstreams within the profession ranging from sports and injury management, to aged care and critical care. The variety offers plenty of diversity and challenges.
Your role with us
Reporting the Board, you and your team will need to deliver dynamic and evolving solutions for our strategies. You will oversee membership management, marketing and communications, public relations, advocacy, stakeholder and community engagement, governance support and administrative functions.
Primary functions will include:
- · Maintaining a close working relationship with the Board
- · Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, MIBE and ACC.
- · Advocating for our profession to key stakeholders
- · Developing membership experience and engagement programmes
- · Providing advice on association management around governance, membership engagement strategies and value proposition
- · Financial monitoring, and developing and managing budgets in line with strategic objectives
Additional skills will include:
- · Delivery of events and professional development opportunities ranging from small scale in person or online meetings to large scale conferences.
- · Oversight of special interest groups, both functioning and in development, and advocacy for those special interest groups to be recognized as key contributors to the profession within their fields
What we need from you
Someone with a passion for people, and a proven ability to build relationships will be integral to your success. Core strengths should include thinking outside of the box, developing and communicating the value proposition, the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and highly self-motivated to achieve outcomes for the profession. You will be detail oriented and strive for quality in all aspects of your work. Previous experience working at an executive or governance level is essential, and a degree in business management would be ideal.
Applications for this job close 20 Aug. We will be screening applications as they arrive to move swiftly to the interviews once the application process closes. Please forward all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org