The Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE) today announced their Association Influencers of 2022, a program highlighting the outstanding contributions of individuals in the association community across Australia and New Zealand.
An independent judging panel of experienced and passionate association leaders selected 12 Association Influencers for 2022 from a group of fifty-three (53) peer nominated professionals.
Influencers were selected based on how they demonstrated influence, exemplary leadership, unrivalled guidance, strength in resilience and service to the sector over the last 12 months. An eclectic mix of CEOs, directors, advocacy and marketing leaders, and innovators from a diverse range of industries are showcased, including health, retail, employment, finance, and telecommunications.
Speaking proudly about all the nominees, Toni Brearley, Chief Executive Officer of AuSAE, said, “To display such inspiring examples of leadership and influence balanced with resilience is a testament to the strength of association sector in Australia and New Zealand. We are proud to provide a platform upon which leading individuals can be recognised for their significant and lasting impact within our tribe and set the benchmark for association professionals into the future – kudos to such a thriving community”.
“We thank all our nominees for their continued support and commitment to the community over the last 12 months and congratulate our Association Influencers of 2022.”
AuSAE’s Association Influencers 2022
- Lyn Brodie, Chief Executive Officer - Optometry Australia
- Dr Rosalind Bullock, Board Member - NSW Rural Doctors Network
- Dante De Gori, Former Chief Executive Officer - Financial Planning Association
- Dr Kate Dempsey, Executive Officer - Australian New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapists Association
- Alan McDonald, Head of Advocacy & Strategy - Employers and Manufacturers Association
- Damian McCrohan, President - Rail Trails Australia
- Bill McKinley, Chief of Staff - Australian Trucking Association
- Paul Nicolaou, Executive Director – Business Sydney
- Sophia Rose, General Manager - Brand Marketing & Communications - Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- Emma Watson, Program Team Leader – Scouts Australia
- Craig Young, Chief Executive Officer – TUANZ, Telecommunications Users Association of New Zealand
- Paul Zahra, Chief Executive Officer - Australian Retailers Association
In its second year, AuSAE’s Association Influencers Program, recognises individuals in Australia and New Zealand’s Association sector as they stood front and centre - supporting, protecting and advocating for their members as the once in a generation global crisis unfolded.
To meet the AuSAE Association Influencers 2022 and nominees, visit: www.ausae.org.au/association-influencers-2022-winners
AuSAE is the home for association professionals – a place for Association professionals to belong, connect with others, advance their career and be inspired.
The Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE) is the leading association for current and future association and not-for-profit (NFP) leaders in Australia and New Zealand. AuSAE is focused on fostering a strong and robust association sector in Australia and New Zealand through providing professional development, support, and networking opportunities for existing and emerging leaders. As a not-for-profit organisation, AuSAE has a unique understanding of the opportunities and challenges association professionals face, and they utilise the knowledge to strengthen the wider industry.